23 October 2014

Yeah, I Am Over You

the telephone rings and its you.
after all those years, what a delightful surprise
we talk about the weather, the job and whatever
and suddenly you say that you miss me
that you think about me a lot lately
and i still cant believe that my mouth stumbled... i mean mumbled
that it was the same for me.

yeah, i am over you.
I listen to the songs that you loved
the songs i always pretended to hate
with such a passion... i just loved to tease you
but i guess you never knew

oh yeah, i am over you.
i dont regret a thing
i dont regret we said goodbye
but i hate the fact that i really miss you
and each of those songs reminds me of you
reminds me of the little things
that used to make me tingle
and even now they still make me smile.

oh god yeah, i am over you.
Our relationship is over for a while now
yet i still feel connected, feel that we´re good friends
And yeah, i think we always will, cause you´ll
always be a part of my life.

oh yeah... yeah... i am over you.
no, i dont regret a thing.
i am so glad that we still talk and that the anger in me
didnt take over. glad the hurt is past,
glad the anger is gone.
And you know... I´ll always keep that little
weak spot for you in my heart

yeah... i tell myself that i am over you
but god... sigh... how come i wonder how
nice it would be to date you once again?

A23 // Jan. 23, 2008

No comments: