23 October 2014

Knowing

To know
That there are things we cant ever have
That we cant ever share
That we wont ever be that close
That all we can do is this
That it takes too much to do what we cant do
That you wont ever see
That you wont ever smell this towns air
That you wont ever swim these waters
That you wont ever taste these tastes
That you and I must stay within these lines
That we have to keep on dreaming of what can never be
That you cry on your way to work
That I cry just the same
That all we can do is hope and pray
That I want you more than I could ever say
That it kills me to know all these things
That there are a million things more
That we cant ever have
That this is the best we can ever have
That you and I
That I and you
But to know
That you love me and
That I love you
That this is the fucking best and
It is all I need know.


A23 // Nov. 2006

No comments: